Morning everybody! This is doodle No. 40, our second Clothing Doodle. It’s another Bonus Doodle. You’ll have to expect a lot of these in future, as my doodles keep getting more complex! Jeans are a really really great thing to draw if you feel in a creative mood, because they can be adjusted and personalised to suit your personality. I hope you enjoy this reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it!
- Draw three sides of a long rectangle.
- Draw the last side with a gap in the middle.
- Add the legs of the jeans, by drawing a very long, thin, upside down V.
- From the top of the V to the top edge of the jeans, sketch a line with a pen.
- Draw a curved line off this other line.
- Inside the curved line, draw a small-ish circle.
- Now for the pockets on the jeans!
- These jeans are old and worn and super-comfy, so there are a few patches on it. Draw one large on on the left hand side…
- …and a smaller one on the right. Like I’ve done in the picture, add some diagonal lines on one knee to show that the jeans have gotten a little bit mucky!
- Add a few more going the other way if you like.
- Draw stripes (quite thin ones) on the big patch.
- And some polka dots on the small one.
- Use these colours for colouring in:
- Royal blue
- Sunny yellow
- Pale pink
Why not… get creative and invent more types of jeans? Below are some of my favourite designs to draw.