Good morning! Welcome, everyone, to the Knit Doodle. I hope all the knitters reading this will be pleased. If you want to go the extra mile, take a pic of your knitting, and then doodle it by changing the colour of No. 24! Send in your drawings as well – and you’ll see them on the Reader’s Gallery.
- A circle is one of the most useful shapes – it’s simple and yet we start so many doodles off with it!
- Coming out of your circle, draw two long lines with two short lines on the ends. These will be the knitting needles.
- Next, draw five or six diagonal lines at the top left of the ball of wool.
- Below these lines, draw a few more, this time vertical.
- The last set of lines is horizontal – now the ball should be completely covered in lines like the picture above, giving the effect of wool.
- We can add a face to our drawing now! Put in two dotted eyes and a half moon mouth.
- This doodle only requires one colour – light purple.
Why not… make the ball of wool look like it’s unravelling by adding a little wavy line coming off the edge?