Signposts are great things to draw because you can customise the place names on them. In this doodle (No. 23) I just use scribbles to show the writing on the signs, but if you’re up for a challenge, look down at the bottom of this post.
- Draw three pairs of parallel lines, one on top of the other. The pairs should be fairly close to each other.
- Then, draw a pyramid shape on the left side of the first pair, the right side of the second pair, etc.
- On the other end of each pair, use a jaggedy line to show the wood is old and a bit cracked.
- Let’s add a bit of depth to this doodle, shall we? Outline the bottom of each piece of wood like in the picture above.
- Scribble some random wavy lines on the signs to represent writing.
- Between the bits of wood, draw a long, thin pole.
- You need light purple, bright orange, grass green and light brown to colour this in.
Why not… add some different place names to your signpost? Below, I have made mine doodle themed!