What type of sunhat do you have? A cap, or a straw hat? Or a big floppy one with flowers? A big floppy one with flowers is what I’m going to teach you to draw today – you’ll need a pencil too for No. 16.
- Draw a large dome to begin – this is the main part of the hat.
- Next, using your pencil, sketch a slightly curved ribbon going from one side of the dome to the other. You can do this by using two parallel lines. We have to use a pencil because there is going to be a big pink flower on top of the ribbon.
- Draw a circle about as big as the rubber on the end of a pencil for the centre of the flower. Use a black pen to do this.
- To finish the flower, draw five big petals around the circle.
- Draw the brim of the sunhat by adding a big, swooping line from one side of the dome, all the way round to the other. It should look a bit like a bean shape with the top missing. Don’t forget to check on the picture that you’ve got it right!
- Step number six is to add a face, and outline the ribbon in black. The face I used is a bean-shaped mouth and two dotted eyes.
- Light brown, dark pink, sunny yellow and navy blue were used in this doodle.
Why not… add lots more colourful flowers? In the picture below, I made each set of flowers similar colours, but you could have a rainbow-y sunhat if you want!
Don’t forget to add this drawing to your page of travel doodles!